Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"You Mormons have a very respectable reputation"

I had a carpet sales man come to my property today(I will call him "Bob"). I have worked with him at some of my previous properties so I let him come take measurments to give me a quote. He noticed the picture of Christ on my wall and...


Bob: "I'm a born again Christian, what church do you go to?"


Me: "Latter day Saint"


Bob: " My son has a Mormon friend. Is it ok to call you Mormon?"


Me: "Sure, that is fine"


Bob: " You know your church has the best reputation out of all the churches"


Me: "Really?"


Bob: " Yes. You know when some one says '"He's a Mormon" that he will be 1. Honest 2. Trust worthy 3. Their children will be polite and well behaved 4. He will never be divorsed."


Me: "Thank you. That is nice to hear."


My thoughts were 1. Wow, that was really nice 2. I'm glad I had that picture up. 3. He is a better sales man that I thought ;-)




No comments:

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Who has been here

Who's following us?