It's getting harder. From all of my friends that have multiple children they all agree it seems to get harder with each pregnancy. I don't know if it's because I wasn't in great shape when I got pregnant this time, or I'm older, or if it's the fact that I'm chasing after a 1 year old.... but it is harder.
Despite all of that the excitement is really hitting me now. Ten more weeks. That's it! And then I'll have my little Michael in my arms. I can't wait to hold him and love him and see what he looks like. A few of my friends have recently had babies and I almost forgot how amazing it is to hold a newborn. I can't wait to hold my own again.
Me- 30 weeks pregnant with Michel. Dane- 12 months old.
- A lot more heartburn with this pregnancy. I wonder if he'll have more hair than Dane (or if that is an old wives tale)
- My body just hurts all the time. And I am sooo tired.
- I feel like I haven't really gotten the nesting bug too bad...yet. I kind of wish that I would.
- I'm getting big. Really big. I feel much bigger this time but looking at the pictures I am actually smaller this time. However, the "you still have 10 weeks left?!" and "wow, you aren't going to make it to April!" comments are much more prevalent. :/ Thanks.
- Michael is more active now and will give me some jabs that take my breath away. However, I don't think he is quite as active as Dane was. Maybe he will be my little mellow Michael :-)
- No swelling yet
- I think Dane is starting to notice my big belly. He doesn't know what it is about but he has noticed it.
- I've been craving eggs & potatoes.
- I just took my glucose screening test and I passed! HALLELUIAH! I didn't with Dane and hated testing my blood 4 times a day and cutting out all sweets. This probably means that I'll gain more weight though;-)
- Sleeping through the night has become really hard. However, Stacey loaned me a pillow that is really helping.
- My shoes feel tight.
- I have done absolutely nothing to the nursery to get ready for Michael yet. Luckily there isn't too much to do but I feel overwhelmed when I think about it. The biggest task will be emptying the second closet and organizing all the clothes. I also need to sew another dust ruffle for his crib.
- I bought a double stroller. I found it at a consignment shop for cheap and it's in great condition. I picked this one for the fact that it fold up small and it's light. Perfect for trips to the bank and store.
- I have been feeling vary emotional for several reasons. I feel like I cry at least once a day these days. I've been thinking a lot about my relationship with Dane and how that might change with the addition of another child and it scares me a little. I have so much love for Dane it seems impossible to be able to love another child this much.
- I am having a TON of BH contractions. I don't remember having this many with Dane and them being so strong.
- I've gained 20 lbs so far. I gained 35 with Dane so I'm right on track to gain about the same.
- Oh my gosh. My doctor (Dr. C) called me to tell me that he will be moving out of state April 1st- 3 weeks before I'm due. I'm pretty devastated. It's a little late in the game to have to deal with a change like that.
2 vs. 1
See? I was bigger with Dane.