Sunday, February 24, 2013

30 Weeks pregnant baby #2

"It's like you went from your first trimester strait to your third. What happened to the second one?" ~Aaron Christensen

It's getting harder. From all of my friends that have multiple children they all agree it seems to get harder with each pregnancy. I don't know if it's because I wasn't in great shape when I got pregnant this time, or I'm older, or if it's the fact that I'm chasing after a 1 year old.... but it is harder.

Despite all of that the excitement is really hitting me now. Ten more weeks. That's it! And then I'll have my little Michael in my arms. I can't wait to hold him and love him and see what he looks like. A few of my friends have recently had babies and I almost forgot how amazing it is to hold a newborn. I can't wait to hold my own again.

Me- 30 weeks pregnant with Michel. Dane- 12 months old.
Here are some things that are going on:

  • A lot more heartburn with this pregnancy. I wonder if he'll have more hair than Dane (or if that is an old wives tale)
  • My body just hurts all the time. And I am sooo tired. 
  • I feel like I haven't really gotten the nesting bug too bad...yet. I kind of wish that I would.
  • I'm getting big. Really big. I feel much bigger this time but looking at the pictures I am actually smaller this time. However, the "you still have 10 weeks left?!" and "wow, you aren't going to make it to April!" comments are much more prevalent. :/ Thanks.
  • Michael is more active now and will give me some jabs that take my breath away. However, I don't think he is quite as active as Dane was. Maybe he will be my little mellow Michael :-)
  • No swelling yet
  • I think Dane is starting to notice my big belly. He doesn't know what it is about but he has noticed it.
  • I've been craving eggs & potatoes. 
  • I just took my glucose screening test and I passed! HALLELUIAH! I didn't with Dane and hated testing my blood 4 times a day and cutting out all sweets. This probably means that I'll gain more weight though;-)
  • Sleeping through the night has become really hard. However, Stacey loaned me a pillow that is really helping.
  • My shoes feel tight.
  • I have done absolutely nothing to the nursery to get ready for Michael yet. Luckily there isn't too much to do but I feel overwhelmed when I think about it. The biggest task will be emptying the second closet and organizing all the clothes. I also need to sew another dust ruffle for his crib.
  • I bought a double stroller. I found it at a consignment shop for cheap and it's in great condition. I picked this one for the fact that it fold up small and it's light. Perfect for trips to the bank and store.
  • I have been feeling vary emotional for several reasons. I feel like I cry at least once a day these days. I've been thinking a lot about my relationship with Dane and how that might change with the addition of another child and it scares me a little. I have so much love for Dane it seems impossible to be able to love another child this much. 
  • I am having a TON of BH contractions. I don't remember having this many with Dane and them being so strong.
  • I've gained 20 lbs so far. I gained 35 with Dane so I'm right on track to gain about the same.
  • Oh my gosh. My doctor (Dr. C) called me to tell me that he will be moving out of state April 1st- 3 weeks before I'm due. I'm pretty devastated.  It's a little late in the game to have to deal with a change like that.
2 vs. 1

See? I was bigger with Dane.

6 comments:

barlow.stephanie said...

I remember when Lars was considering switching insurance during my last trimester. I cried and cried at the fear of having to switch doctors. Thankfully he didn't. I hope Dr C is recommending you and his other patience to a wonderful doctor in the same hospital.

PSsssst I have a secret I have gotten a little giddy lately when holding other babies.

I know there is away to love your second just as much at least that is what I read...

Hang in there. Love you.

Shawna Faye said...

It seemed like you popped out fast with this one but then you didn't really get much bigger.

Aren't people the greatest? I remember standing in the elevator with a stranger who asked me how far along I was. I said that I was 32 weeks. He was like, "You mean you still have TWO MONTHS left?!! Well good luck with that." Jerk.

I'm so excited for you! You are going to do great with you littles.

Amber said...

I have that same double stroller and I LOVE it! Also, I remember having the same feelings about loving another child when I was pregnant with Ethan. It's amazing - but you will love the second one just as much!

Karen M. Peterson said...

You definitely are smaller this time around. I agree with Shawna. It just seems like you popped out faster, but stayed small.

I am so excited to meet Dane's little brother!

Sherri Araiza said...

I remember Rick and I discussing the same thing when we only had Owen. We wondered how we could possibly love another human being as much as we loved him. But then Lexie came along, and kind of like magic, our ability to love expanded.
You look great, by the way. I'm so excited for you to have another boy. Dane will have a built-in best friend :)

Hang in there, Marly. You're almost done!

Chelsea said...

Great post! It’s a good thing that you took photos of your progress from both of your pregnancies, so you could see the differences. “I have so much love for Dane it seems impossible to be able to love another child this much.” – I understand that thought. I’ve felt that too when I had our second baby. It’s something not to worry about. They’re both yours, and you will love them equally. Just do your best to let them feel that. You’ll understand it further when Michel comes out. Good luck on having two cute babies. You’ll be great! :)

Chelsea Leis

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Who has been here

Who's following us?