Friday, June 12, 2009

Softball league

With summer fast approaching, so is the new softball season. Aaron has played in a league a couple of times before and will be playing again this season. He will be joined by his brothers, friends that he has had for years, new friends, friends of friends, and co-workers of friends. They all come together to join this team and have a great time playing softball. The practicing has started and the weekly Friday night games are just around the corner. Friends and family will come out and cheer them on while they play and then after the game they will wind down eating out and discussing the game (or other sport games- sports talk is universal).







This has been my first exposure to softball leagues (or really any sport league) and I must say that I am really impressed. I think it is so great that these guys can come together and do an activity that is good exercise, fun, and have their families come out to cheer them on. I started thinking about how I would love it if I had an activity where I could get together with all of my friends, sisters (and sisters-in-law), co-workers, etc. and do something that is good exercise and fun and where family and friends would come out and cheer us on. It's funny how women don't really have an outlet like that. I know technically we could join the softball league but that isn't really something most girls are into. I started to think of what else there would be and really couldn't. Any ideas?









Well, I ended up just signing up for a beginning/intermediate dance class through the city of Anaheim. If anyone is interested in joining me let me know! It is $90 for 8 weeks of classes. Maybe we can get our husbands to come out and cheer us on ;-)



I really am excited for the softball season to be starting. I like watching the games and especially my favorite player:)




7 comments:

Braden and Jodee said...

I'm excited for softball too! It was a lot of fun last year :) What day(s) and time is that dance class?

Marly C said...

The class I signed up for is on Tuesday night 7-8pm. They have classes other nights too. Interested?

The Peterson's said...

Ahhh Justin is already starting to gather his "collection" of items!
He is seriously stoked! Its quite funny and actually cute to see him so excited!

Marly C said...

Aaron is the same way:-) It really is cute...I mean, really manly (he hates when I say cute:-)It will be nice to have him on the team this time and nice to have you in the stands with the rest of us wives.

Valerie said...

Marly!!! So cool to find your blog! Glad to know that things are going well for you out in sunny CA :)

Braden and Jodee said...

I'm totally interested, 7's just a bad time... Do they have later classes or afternoon?

Marly C said...

Correction. The class I signed up for is from 6-7 on Tuesdays. That is the level 2 ballet class. There is a level 1 ballet class from 8-9 on Thursdays. There is a hip-hop class on Thursday from 7-8 or Saturday from 11-12pm. I am open to switching. Call me:-)

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Who has been here

Who's following us?