Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Christmas through New years

Yes. This post is late.

Christmas time for us this year was different. We normally do all of our celebrating with the Christensens. This year it was all about the Temples! We were so excited that my family was coming to stay with us from Dec. 20th-Jan. 4th. There was a little concern with having 5 adults in our home for that amount of time but they were such great house guests that we really enjoyed it.

So, thanks to my mom the planner we had everyday planned out with fun things to do. Here are pictures of what we did!


Manhattan Transfer at the Disney Concert Hall
(they are so fun live!)




(I got in trouble for taking these pictures in the theater...oops)

Next we went to the place of our first date 6 years ago. We go every year now:-) The lights there are magical.

Me, my Mom, my Sister
The whole group of us.


Then off to see the Long Beach Ballet's production of the Nutcracker in Santa Monica. It is really such a good performance and I would highly recommend it. (and I have to say that I really liked the Santa Monica theater better then the Long Beach one)


We got family pictures taken by Sarah Hull



Next on the agenda was Christmas Eve diner with Aunt Bonnie and the Chistensens....

and then a Gondola ride through Naples.

thank goodness we had a cute Gondola guy because my sister was NOT into sitting between the two couple:)

Have you done the Gondola ride through Naples? It is so worth it. The motor boats are fun but it was so peaceful to be rowed around Naples.

Christmas was spent opening gifts (our two main gifts to each other pictures below. The other gift was food storage)

and playing with these three cuties:-)
The day after Christmas we went to my Uncles house for dinner and Aaron got to "play" with some of my Uncles "toys"

this one has a laser on it. It was scary.

And then a quick trip to Lake Arrowhead to see some snow on New Years Eve Day.


We actually did a lot of other things (like Medieval Times for New Years Eve)and then couldn't do a lot of things because of the weather(Disney). We had so much fun with them and it was really hard to see them leave.

I hope you had a great Christmas and New Years!


2 comments:

Valerie said...

Did Manhattan Transfer sing Boy from New York City? We used to sing that song to my brother all the time!

Karen M. Peterson said...

I've never been on a Gondola ride.

I'm totally with your sister, though. I wouldn't want to sit between two couples either!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Who has been here

Who's following us?