Sunday, March 18, 2012

Five Guys...Bleh


The other night we were going back and forth for a while trying to decide what we should do for our date night (I say date but according to my dr. if the baby comes along it is a family outing..so our family outing night) since our original plans fell through. It had to be baby friendly- since I'm still not ready to get a baby sitter (when will I be ready for that? Any tips?), and cheap- since our budget is pretty tight these days.

We finally decided to try out Five Guys burgers. We had heard a lot of good things about it and wanted to compare it to In-N-Out.

This is what we think of Five Guys...






We ordered what we usually would at In-N-Out; 2 burgers, 2 fries, 2 drinks. The total came up to a little over $22! I wanted to tell them to forget it right then and there but we didn't. I asked for my burger to be lettuce wrapped (ya know, protein style) and I got a regular burger with a little pile of chopped up lettuce on the side. So I basically had a burger salad.

All in all we think that it is to pricy, burgers were greasy, and Aaron wasn't happy that they didn't have "spread" aka thousand island to dip his fries in .

We did think their fries were okay and I liked the variety of fountain drinks (including diet caffeine free coke) but again for the price it wasn't worth it. The peanuts would have been fun but neither one of us really like peanuts. We'll stick with In-N-Out thank you.



On a happier note a friend gave me a Moby wrap and I love it!


And so does my sweet baby Dane. How long will I be able to use it?

5 comments:

Shawna Faye said...

Oh man! How are we friends? I LOVED 5 Guys! I thought the burger was waaay bigger and juicier than in-n-out. And I loved all the toppings. But more than anything I thought their fries were amazeballs. Oh well. We can agree to disagree, right?

The picture of you in front of the fountain is so pretty! Glad you liked the moby!

Rachel said...

I agree with you! In-n-Out is wwwaaaayyyy better.

dungeonprincess said...

We still haven't tried 5 guys and there us one right by our house.... baby sitter, hmm, close friends and/our family sitting maybe in the next couple months then you will only leave long enough for dinner OR a movie but not both :)
-Kristina

barlow.stephanie said...

Love Aarons pic of his impression. It is seriously over priced for what ya get. I am sticking with InnOut.

Braden said...

Braden and I felt the same way. WAY over priced for nothing special.

I LOVE my moby wrap. Did you get the booklet with it? If not, you can borrow mine. It says you can use it up to 35lbs. So technically I could still put Brighton in it. But really, you can use it as long as he'll stay in it!

I will babysit for you anytime! (that I can stick Braden with our own kids). It is VERY hard to start leaving your kids. It has to be with someone you feel comfortable with (and if that is not me, I would never be offended) and then you have to tell yourself every 2 minutes that everything is fine and you have your cell phone in your hand the whole time. I'll have to tell you about the time Soni and Catherine were watching Brighton as a newborn. Sorry, this is a novel. But just start short. Like go to the grocery store for 30-45 minutes. Once you get back and realize everything is fine, it'll get easier to leave for longer periods. I'm up to like 48 hours before I get anxious! :)

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Who has been here

Who's following us?