Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Dane is 2 1/2 years old!


 
  
 
 
 
 
There you are sweet Dane. 2 1/2 years old and able to hit a ball over the garage. You amaze me.



Dane, Danee, Munch, Big Brother,

You are 2 1/2 years old now and you are rocking it! Everyday is a new adventure in emotions, discovery, vocabulary, messes, eating, boundaries, and owies. You are full of energy and impulses, emotions and boundary discovery, and love. We are both learning so much right now. I'm learning how to be a mommy that can keep her cool and help guide you through this time that can be down right hard and you are learning how to be a member of our family and society and deal with all these ginormous emotions that you are feeling. You are learning how to express your self and play with others.

As of 3 weeks ago you are sleeping in a big boy bed! You have a twin bed that your "Yaya" (Aunt Laura) gave you after she moved and you are loving it. You never did show any interest in getting out of your crib and to be honest I liked having you in it but it was time. The transition was easy! It was probably harder for me than for you. I was so worried that you would fall out of bed or get scared in the middle of the night or just not stay in it. Your Dad on the other hand was completely confident in you being fine in the bed. There were only two nights (the first two) that I had to come in and put you back into bed after you fell asleep on the floor. You are an old pro now and look so grown up in that huge bed. Your favorite thing to do is get out of bed after we put you down for the night and sneak toys and books into Mikey's crib. So cute.

We have not really made progress on potty training. I thought you were ready about 4 months ago but you seem to have changed your mind. However, we are getting close!

Your vocabulary is huge! And you know lots of words in Spanish too. You are getting creative with what you say and now say things like "No thanks, Mom. I've got it", "Mmmm, breakfast smells so good", "Oh sure! I'll have some blueberries" "Maybe you should make a snack". Geesh! Are you 2 1/2 or 12! You also like to say thinks like "Go away", "Go inside", "Don't touch me", and my personal favorite "I DON'T WANT TO...(enter a fun activity that I suggest that isn't your idea)". We are working on picking some better things to say to express these feelings like "I need some alone time" or "I need some space" or "No thank you". Also, we are enjoying your pronunciation of the following:

Popsicle "Popisel"
Spaghetti "Pisgetti"


You have become obsessed with listening to "daddy's song". Daddy's song is on a Cd that your daddy recorded while in college. Your favorite song is "Trashin' the Camp" and you love to listen to it over and over and over again. You now know most of the words and have started to want to listed to the song "Fools Rush In" which also has your daddy singing a solo. When you sing along to that one my heart just melts.


You are a natural at all physical things. You just need to see it a couple of times and you can do it. You are so strong and your hand eye coordination blows me away! You can hit a ball with a bat right out of the air! I still can't do that. You swing left handed but have a right handed grip. You do pretty much everything left handed at this point. You can also dribble a basketball! It's so cool to watch you practice.

You enjoy going to nursery at church but HATE playing pretend. For a long time every time they would pretend to go to the zoo you brake down into a screaming fit and they would need to come get me. We worked on it at home and you now just watch them pretend and join if you feel like it.

Your favorite places to go are The Farm (in Salinas) and "The Rocks" which are the rocks on the cost of Monterey Bay.Your favorite books right now are the Berenstine Bears books.

You are reserved with your emotions. Even if you are having the best time you hold your smiles and giggles in...unless you are with your brother Mikey. You are a sweet kind boy and when it comes to discipline you react best from kindness and direction. I've tried yelling and really, it doesn't do anyone any good. But if I pull you aside and tell you what is going on you will usually figure out what to do. You love having choices and always choose to do things on your own without help from me.

Here are you 2 1/2 year stats:

39.5" tall
33 lbs


Still tall and solid. Your hair is the prettiest blonde. Your Aunt Janice said that people would pay lots of money to get so many highlights and low lights put in. Your eyes are getting even lighter and some yellow has been added into the bright green. They are stunning.

Dane, you amaze me everyday. I can't even describe to you how happy you make me. I love you so much that I try to smuther you in kisses and hugs every chance I can (much to your dismay). You are still best buddies with your daddy and you two are inseparable. He gets you like no one else.

You made us parents, my dear Dane and are just the sweetest son. You couldn't be a better bigger brother to Michael and our family wouldn't be complete without you. We adore you and see so much good and love in you.

Like I said, you are an awesome 2 1/2 year old! But, I'm pretty sure I say that at every age.

Love you to pieces my little baby Dane.

Here are some pictures of you and your best friend "Dootee" also know as brother :-)


3 comments:

Dayna said...

Soooo Good. He will cherish this when he grows up :)

barlow.stephanie said...

He is a seriously good ball player. Oh Dane such a wonderful little guy.

mid said...

https://pinjamancepat.online/pinjaman-tanpa-agunan/

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Who has been here

Who's following us?