Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I love good customer service!

A few days ago I got this idea to make some homemade Humus. I decided to make it from scratch starting with the dried garbanzo beans that I rinsed, soaked overnight, and cooked for 1 1/2 hrs. I get my blender out turn it on and nothing! All of that prep work and nothing!

My blender has died.
Photobucket

My blender was a wedding gift that we received three years ago and has been a good blender so far. Later that evening Aaron and I had to return something to Bed Bath and Beyond and we decided to take the blender and all of its parts with us to see if they would let us return it. Now, I have to admit that I was a little embarrassed to bring a three year old blender with no box and no receipt to return but I thought it was worth a chance. We get to the store and I put the blender on the counter and let them know it was a wedding gift from our registry. I also asked how long they keep the gift registries on record and they informed me "Two years". We weren't trying to pull any thing so we let them know that we were married over two years ago. To our astonishment they said "Okay, that's no problem, would you like to get the same blender or pick out a different one?" I really couldn't believe that they were going to let me return my blender and order me a new one (waive the shipping) without any proof of purchase. For all they know I bought the blender at Target (who doesn't let you return anything and if they do they treat you like a criminal)! On top of their great return policies everyone in the store was just wonderful. They were all friendly and willing to help. Needless to say that is definitely the store that I will go to if I need to buy any household items, especially for the kitchen.
So, let me repeat: I LOVE GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE AND I LOVE
BED BATH AND BEYOND!!

2 comments:

Braden and Jodee said...

Oh don't even get me started on customer service these days. I'm glad this was a good story though. Those are far and few between.

The Peterson's said...

It's amazing that they were so willing, especially with the economy these days! Nice to know there are still good customer friendly businesses out there!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Who has been here

Who's following us?