Friday, March 13, 2009

Table Linens + Toilet Paper Rolls + Sea Shells = ...

A Beautiful Table

With springtime almost here it was time to change up my dining room theme. After a lot of bargain shopping (I'm not willing to spend too much on this) I found a tablecloth and napkins that I liked and knew Aaron would like too. Normally I would not turn to blue for decorating but this tablecloth had enough gray/silver in it that it gave it a more modern feel vs. country. I added eggshell circular place mats with silver charger plates, and white hydrangea flowers with a touch of blue daisies to make the look fresh.


Everything was coming together until I couldn't find napkin rings that I liked. My mom (who can make, cook, grow, or build ANYTHING) gave me the idea to make my own using toilet paper rolls, some ribbon and sea shells that I already bought.


So, it started out looking like this...



I used these...



Two minutes of drying like this...


The final product...



And finally the whole "shebang"...




(Notice the beautiful pictures in the background that were selected, matted, framed, hung, and given to me by my wonderful husband)



With a center piece of silk flowers



We love how it turned out and are so excited that we actually have a dining room now to decorate! The best part was the whole project cost less than $40 :)







3 comments:

Melinda said...

i love your table!!! Did you come up with this on your own or did you see this in a house magazine? Either way you are really creative!

Sherri Araiza said...

Hi Marly! How are you? I came across your blog via another blog...so fun! Your table turned out really cute. You're so creative!

Marly C said...

Thanks for the comments girls! No, I didn't find it in a magazine (althugh I wish I had, it would have made it easier:-).

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Who has been here

Who's following us?