Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A look back at being 25

Photobucket

I have to admit that I dreaded turning 25 last year. I'm not sure why it was a rough birthday but it really was. Now that I am turning 26 I took some time to look back on my last year and all of the experiences that I had and realized that it really was a good year overall. So, here are some of the things that happened:


  • I went to Lake Arrowhead and Big bear Lake 2 times and realized how grateful I am to live somewhere where it is so easy to go to the mountains. I love the Mountains!
  • I drove to Las Vegas and back in one day to visit my bff Rachel and realized how grateful I am for her and all of my friends.
  • I started sewing and made a child's dress and realized I need more practice, but am grateful for my new sewing machine and my mother-in-law that helped me get it.
  • I quit my job and started working in LA and realized how grateful I am for my carpool buddy, Kristina.
  • I made a new best friend and realized that I am grateful for ALL of the time we spend together listening to "Learn Italian" and "Anthony Robbins" tapes.
  • I got promoted twice increasing my income by 2x's and realized that money doesn't really matter that much when you don't have time or energy to spend time with the people you love.
  • Gained 10 lbs:-( and then lost 19:-) and realized that I am grateful for my mom teaching me good nutrition and giving me the love of exercise and the gift of determination and dedication.
  • Spent too much time away from my husband and realized that I love him with all of my heart and am so blessed to have him as my eternal companion.
  • Learned that I love street fruit with chili, lemon, and salt and that a street dog wrapped in bacon is a delicacy.
  • Got a new car and then got 2 flat tires, a seed stuck in the rotor which freaked out the car, had someone put acid on the side of the car which made all of the paint peel off, backed into a pillar in an underground parking structure and ripped the side mirror off and dented the entire passenger side door. I'm grateful for my car even thought it seems to be a disaster magnet.
  • Moved! Not far but doubled my square footage and eliminated my rent. Realized I'm grateful for all of the nice things that we were able to accumulate during our marriage and even more grateful that we were able to hire movers to move it for us.
  • Quit my job in LA and was offered way too much to stay. Still quit and realized how grateful I am for the experience of working in LA.
  • Learned that I love sushi.
  • Learned how to speak some Korean.
  • Learned that I like wakeboarding. Got up my first time! Couldn't stay up:-)
  • Went camping twice and learned that ending up in the middle of a w.t. family reunion can end up being a blast.
  • Visited my mom in NC in December and had tons of fun and realized how grateful I am for them and the wonderful traditions that we have.
  • Learned the best way to learn to like someone is to do service for them.
  • Went to 2 clubs in Hollywood with a bunch of coworkers.
  • Went to hole in the wall restaurants and LOVED every one! Thanks Roy!
  • Learned that I'm not bad at being a manager.
  • Planted a garden and realized how grateful I am to be working from home.
I really could go on but to summarize I am grateful for everything that happened while I was 25. I am really excited to see what this year brings!

2 comments:

Braden and Jodee said...

Happy Birthday!!

Classic Jones said...

Awe- what a year! Frankly, I'm surprised I survived 2008. Looks like you have a TON to be proud of! Miss you- love you- em

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Who has been here

Who's following us?