Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My first batch of cookies ever.

Recently I baked my first batch of chocolate chip cookies ever. I know it sounds strange that this is the first time I have baked cookies. I love to cook but I just didn't grow up eating baked goods or seeing them baked in my home. For a primary activity I decided to volunteer to bake some cookies. They went over really well so I thought I would share the recipe.



Ingredients
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 3/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 (12-ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
  • 1 cup milk chocolate morsels
  • 3 (1-ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate, chopped
  • 1 cup toffee crumbles

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease baking sheets.

With an electric mixer, beat butter and shortening at medium speed until creamy; gradually add sugars, beating until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.

In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in chocolate morsels and toffee crumbles. Drop cookies by 1/4 cupfuls about 3-inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 11 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool for 2 minutes on baking sheets. Remove to wire racks to cool.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Sherri Araiza said...

Mmmmmm... those sound SO good! Can't wait to try the recipe.

Valerie said...

Sounds yummy :) Reed will be aghast that this was your first time making cookies! I hope it wasn't your first time eating them ;)

Marly C said...

No, definitely not the first time eating them:-) They really were yummy!

Trena said...

Hi! Now I know why you are so skinny!! You never baked before! :) Good keeping up with you on the blog! See you on Sunday!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Who has been here

Who's following us?