Monday, February 22, 2010

Marly's edible arrangements

For the "February birthdays" party at the Christensens' I decided to make something for the birthday people. So, I bought a bunch of fruit, chocolate for melting, candy bars, and had my good friend Cece over. We spent the night melting, dipping, baking, frosting and sampling.


One of our favorite things that we made was our apple pops. I used my melon-baller to cut apple balls, then we dipped them in caramel and/or chocolate, then rolled them in chopped-up candy bars. They turned out like mini-caramel apples and were the perfect size!

The chocolate dipped pineapple turned out to be the trickiest part. The chocolate just did not want to stick! Anyone know how Edible Arrangements does it? Well, maybe I'll perfect it next time.

The next morning I put everything together into arrangements. I think they turned out really cute!

The best part was when I got a call from Dad Christensen the next day saying that he just loved it and thought it was really yummy:-) I had so much fun making them I think I might make them again for the March birthdays.

6 comments:

Braden and Jodee said...

Yes please!

Valerie said...

Yummy!

Sherri Araiza said...

Those look so cute AND delicious!

My Homestead said...

Mmmmmm I seriously love nothing more than chocolate dipped fruit!

holly said...

I want to come help next time you do this!

Classic Jones said...

wow! I am so impressed!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Who has been here

Who's following us?