Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Groundhog Day!


Phil Says Six More Weeks!

Phil's official forecast as read February 2nd, 2010 at sunrise at Gobbler's Knob:

Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye

On Gobbler's Knob on this glorious Groundhog Day, February 2nd, 2010, Punxsutawney Phil, Seer of Seers, Prognosticator of all Prognosticators awoke to the call of President Bill Deeley and greeted his handlers, John Griffiths and Ben Hughes.

After casting a joyful eye towards thousands of his faithful followers, Phil proclaimed, "If you want to know next, you must read my text. As the sky shines bright above me, my shadow I see beside me. So six more weeks of winter it will be."


Happy Groundhog Day everyone! What's your favorite Groundhog's day quote?

4 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

"Don't drive angry!"

I'll happily take 6 more weeks of this winter.

Braden said...

"This is pitiful. A thousand people freezing their butts off waiting to worship a rat. What a hype. Groundhog Day used to mean something in this town. They used to pull the hog out, and they used to eat it. You're hypocrites, all of you!"

Braden and Jodee said...

"Phil!... Phil Conners!" My bf's name was Phil in high school, and my dad would say that every time he came over.

cantare_21 said...

Once again the eyes of the nation are on this....tiny village in Western Pennsylvania, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. There is no WAY this winter is EVER going to end as long as that groundhog keeps seeing his shadow. He's gotta be stopped....and I have to stop him.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Who has been here

Who's following us?