Thursday, October 28, 2010

No boys allowed?

A couple of the girls in my ward and I had a great idea to get together as couples to carve pumpkins, make Carmel apples, and hang out. Apparently the husbands didn't really think it was that great of an idea. I think some of their descriptions of the idea included "lame" , "gay" and an enthusiastic "whatever". One of the husbands put his foot down and said no, and that resulted in the rest of the husbands backing out. So, we decided to make it a girls day and here are some of the pictures...








Apparently the earliest you should carve a pumpkin in Southern CA is the day before Halloween. It only took 2 days for my pumpkins to get moldy, runny, and pretty much ready for the trash(I'm used to Buffalo pumpkins that freeze and are good to go for the whole month). Oh well. Next year we will do it closer to Halloween and maybe the husbands will join in!

Carmel Apple Art
(only for those who where there to make them)


My friend Shawna wins the award for cutest pumpkins
(she had some exciting news to announce:)

2 comments:

Huss Family said...

Looks like so much fun!
Now I am craving caramel apples. Mmmmm :)

Valerie said...

I'm surprised that guys would turn down anything that involved food. Ah well, their loss!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Who has been here

Who's following us?