Monday, January 21, 2013

25 weeks baby #2

The other day Aaron looked at me and said something along the lines of "Holy cow! You are almost done with your second trimester! What is going on!?"


Baby#2 vs #1

That is pretty much sums up how I feel. I can't believe I am already 25 weeks along! I think the holiday season really helped me forget about time. I almost feel guilty sometimes when I think something like "oh ya, I'm pregnant". I feel like with Dane I was always thinking about him and being pregnant and now not so much. Overall though I am sooo excited to meet this little guy and I can't wait to see what he looks like. I think Aaron and I are both going to enjoy/appreciate the newborn phase more this time.

Anyway, things are going great with this little boy. He is very active and I love feeling him kick and wiggle. Today at my doctor appointment he kept kicking Dr. C while he was trying to hear the heart beat. It was funny. Feisty little guy.

I've gained a total of 11 pounds so far. Not bad. I honestly can't remember how much I gained last time at this point.  My hips have started hurting again when I sleep at night so I'm back to sleeping in a pillow fortress. I'm also having really bad sciatica pain now. It hurts all the time and then every once in a while I will get a stronger pain that stops me in my tracks.

I seem to be carrying about the same as last time. I already got the "are you sure you aren't having twins" comment. What would a pregnancy be without that comment I guess:-/

Oh, the heartburn :(


I have a serious sweet tooth this time. And a really bad craving for soda. Cherry coke to be exact. I also can't stop thinking about Sushi.

I'm starting to think about getting things ready for baby Michael. But really I think that it will wait till after Dane's birthday. I don't think I have too much to do.

Working out? Not so much. Does going up and down my stairs count?

I'm looking for a good double stroller. I already have a big side by side so I'm looking for an umbrella type one. (does that make sense?). I want one that I can keep in my car for quick trips. Light, easy, good sun shade. Any suggestions?

Things I'm enjoying right now:

Reading this book (seriously, if you are a mom get this book)
Trips alone in the car blasting this CD (it makes me feel young and carefree)
Changing into these at night and watching a movie with my sweetie (you may laugh but they are the most comfortable thing to wear when you are prego)
My new backpack diaperbag
Eating a giant bag of these. I eat them in groups of 3 and they have to be the same color and I don't like the green ones.

PS- I'm celebrating 25 weeks by staying home with a cold. Yuck.

2 comments:

barlow.stephanie said...

Awe sick from cold and snowy Utah.

Karen M. Peterson said...

Holy cow, 25 weeks already?? This is going quick!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Who has been here

Who's following us?