Thursday, January 9, 2014

Michael is 8 months!

We had your 8 month check up today little Michael and you were wonderful. No fussing when Dr. Lee and the nurse were checking you out. You just laid there with wide eyes looking at them and then to me for reassurance and then back at them with a little smile.


 At your 8 month check up with Dane getting his 2 yr check up.
Here are your stats:

30 1/2 inches tall %=off the charts 
16 lbs 14 oz 50%
17.25 inches head circumference 25%
You are wearing 12 month clothes (with the pants cinched in) 
Size 3 diapers and 4 at night
2 teeth- bottom front



Our little bean pole!

You are a really fast crawler now and have started standing on your own. Yup, that's right! The first time I saw it was at our stake's Christmas program. After the program everyone went into the cultural hall for cookies and hot chocolate and all the kids (including your brother) were running around. I decided to put you down to crawl and explore for a while. I started chatting with some friends and look over to see you in the middle of the cultural hall by your self standing! Both feet were planted on the floor and your arms were out. There was nothing around for you to pull up on so you just figured it out on your own. I started freaking out and scared you and you fell down. You got me so excited....and a little nervous. I think you wanted to run with the other kids.


 Checking out the lights at the LA Temple

You are sleeping about the same. You wake up 2 times throughout the night and wake at 7 for the day. You sleep with your new Mimi blankie, your binkie, and your stuffed monkey. It's the sleep trifecta. We can put you in your crib with those things and you will silently fall asleep.


 Snuggling with your Mimi blankie made by my mom.

 
Sometimes you like to jump in bed with your brother.

You are still nursing 5 times a day and have solids 3 times a day. You are not ready for anything to chew yet. For example: if I make your rice cereal too thick you start to gag on it. Once while at a restaurant with me and your Aunt Yaya I gave you a tiny piece of squished banana and you gagged so much that you threw up all your previously eaten food. Which was green beans. Lovely. So we are sticking with runny purees for now.  When you are done eating you will put your hands above your head and make a scrunch face. If I still try to feed you after that you will try to hit the spoon away.

Mama and her boys. No doubt about it, you have my eyes and your daddy's nose and mouth.

You now say two words: Mama and Dada , along with a lot of baby babble. We think you actually know who Mama is and who Dada is and will say our names while looking at us. So fun! You also know your name and will respond to it. Probably because Dane and I are singing your name to you all day long. "Mikey, Mikey, Mikey!"

 
 Visiting your Aunt Yaya at her work, The Queen Mary.

You have been sick a few times this month. It makes me so sad to see you so sad. All you want to do is be held by me. You are my little snuggle bug and I love it. You will crawl around after me and when I pick you up your arms and legs cling to me for dear life.The only medicine you have had so far is fever reducer...no antibiotics needed.

Sick = snuggles

Speaking about crawling around after me, I joke with daddy that you are like my new puppy. You are crawling around after me all day! If I'm in the living room so are you. If I'm in the kitchen doing dishes, so are you. You will also crawl around after your brother and try to play with whatever he is playing with. Lately it is his new race track. Dane makes them go and you make them crash. It's great fun.

 Helping mama with the dishes.

 
 Playing cars with Dada and Dane.

You had your first Christmas! It was soooo much fun. You had a ball playing with all of the wrapping paper. Your favorite thing was a tiny bow you found to play with. Your gifts were some bath toys, your stuffed monkey, and some noise makers. It was spent with Mama, Dada, Dane, and Yaya. It was perfect.
Your first visit to see Santa happened at Disneyland and you had no problem sitting on his knee and smiling for a picture.



 Visiting Santa at Disneyland with Samantha Smoot.

Dane's new dump truck carrying its cutest load. 
Your first Christmas jammies.
Christmas morning!

We are so in love with you Michael. You are like a bright happy light in our family. You are constantly getting loved on by someone in our family and most of the time it is from Dane. You two are best friends already and I can't wait to see that develop.


Photo credit: Jodee Christensen

So, till next month little monkey, we love you to pieces!

2 comments:

barlow.stephanie said...

He is such a cute and very tall cutie. Love the pics.

Karen M. Peterson said...

Gosh darn it! Your kids need to stop growing up so fast!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Who has been here

Who's following us?