Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I Love to See the Temple

When we were dating, Aaron used to take me to the Newport Beach Temple grounds on dates. At that time they were just building and finishing up the Temple. We used to just sit on the wall outside the grounds and talk for hours (and watch the bunnies. There were always a lot of bunnies). It really was romantic. I was so excited when I got to go through this Temple to take out my endowments with my sweetheart and then get sealed in the LA Temple. The Newport Beach Temple will always feel like my "home" Temple .

I am so grateful that we have a Temple so close to home. I remember being a kid and having to drive for hours and cross the boarder to get to the closest Temple in Ontario Canada. Now it is just a short drive down the 5. Temples have brought so much happiness into our family's life:-)

It just so happens that this month's visiting teaching message is on this wonderful topic.


FHE last night: The grounds were closed for cleaning so we sat on that same wall and watched the bunnies and snuggled:-)




"For the temple is a holy place
Where we are sealed together.
As a child of God,
I've learned this truth;
A fam'ly is forever."

What is the Temple you will always feel like your "home" Temple?

2 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

I've always considered the LA Temple as "my" temple. It's where we used to go for Baptisms for the Dead when I was in Young Women. It's where I went for my endowment and where I always thought I'd get married one day.

I get to drive right past the Redlands Temple every day on the way to and from work, but I don't feel as connected to that one as I do to LA.

Shawna Faye said...

Aww! How sweet!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Who has been here

Who's following us?