Friday, September 17, 2010

Fun Fact Friday

Hi Everyone! It's Friday!!!!! I got the idea to have a Fun Fact Friday from this cute blog. I think it is such a fun idea and I want to know some fun facts about you!

So, to start off I will share a fun fact about me and then you get to leave a comment about a fun fact about you.


I thought I would start with a very early in life fun fact.

I was walking by 7 months old
(taking first steps at around 6mo)

(already getting into trouble)

No crawling, just got up and started walking. Most of the time on my tip-toes. Those of you with kids are probably cringing a little bit imagining your 7mo old walking around. This fact actually scares me! I hope it's not a genetic thing because I know when I have kids I am going to be wanting them to just stay put for as long as possible- around 1 yr old sounds about right (actually 18 mo wouldn't even bother me).

I truly believe that this early walking led to the fact that as a little girl I was incredibly clumsy. I did a lot of walking and a LOT of falling down. I had continous scabs on my knees till I was probably about 7 years old. (Probably part of the reason I was put in ballet at 2yrs old.) To make things worse I wasn't a tough little girl either so each fall meant a full on melt down- my poor mom.

So, 20 years of ballet later, I pretty much have the walking thing down. I can even pull of graceful sometimes:)

How about you? Have any fun facts about yourself as a baby? Or, really any other fun fact you want to share.

I'm excited to hear them!



3 comments:

Soni said...

Well I have racked my brain to come up with a fun fact. I was a boring baby. But one thing I do remember as a toddler, I tested positive for TB. (tuberculosis) You know that 4 pronged thing they poke you with on the inside of your arm?
My mom used to send me over to the elderly neighbors next door to play. He died of TB a few years later. =( Nice mom.
Not sure that qualifies as a "fun" fact...but there you have it. =)

Presley family said...

hmmmm.... fun fact let's see when I was sixteen I parked my car at a stop sing... don't know why I put the car in park then instead of putting it into drive I back right into the car behind me..HARD. Yes, that was a fun one to explain to my dad... wink!

Karen M. Peterson said...

This is a fun idea!

I didn't start walking until my mom had to force me at 13 months when she was pregnant with my brother.

But something else I didn't do was use a bottle. My mom says I went straight to sippy cups. I always thought that was kind of weird.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Who has been here

Who's following us?