Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Project 52 update

This post is a little overdue. One of my 52 goals is to get a haircut. I know that seems like a silly goal but I know that if I don't make it a goal I can go for over a year without one. I know, I know, it's bad.

So, I did what any other girl would do. I threw a haircut party!

I met Aura last time I got my hair cut (remember this post) and really liked her. She really strives to make you look your best and have you love your hair cut. I went to her last time and this time she came to me (you don't have to have a party for her to come to you, she will come for one person)! She brought her own chair, tarp to put down (we didn't use it), all her products, and tools. I had a mini salon in my dining room!

So without further ado, here are the photos from that night...

(click on picture to enlarge it)

Our food

Our entertainment
(when we put this on Aaron came very close to leaving the house)

Action pics...


Apparently something very funny was said.


And now for the Before and After pics








Such a fun night. After we were done we all went to the Saturday session of Stake conference looking all fancy. Then finished the night off by going to Ruby's and ordering every variety of french fry on the menu and wishing Karen a Happy Birthday.



Haircut. Check.

Want to have your own haircut party? Or, looking for a new hair stylist? Email Aura!

bttrflysugarbaby@aol.com

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE this idea. I'm like you, I go far too long without a haircut. It never occurred to me to have a haircut party! I want to move to the West Coast so I can crash your awesome get-togethers. When I was a kid, I thought going to your house was super fun because we played truth or dare and played the flute and you let me sit on your waterbed, which I thought was pretty much the coolest thing in the world. And your mom let us watch movies that I was never allowed to watch at home, like Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Now I want to come over just to partake in your book club meetings and haircut parties :)

Danielle said...

I'm the same way about haircuts, I literally have to put it on a To Do List or I won't do it. I get my hair cut maybe twice a year. Glad to know I'm not the only one who waits awhile in between trimmings :-)

Tawni Edwards said...

Marly, you truly love a party - don't you! Glad you had fun and everybody looks great!

Karen M. Peterson said...

Congratulations, Marly. I'm pretty sure you've managed to take the WORST picture of me in HISTORY! :-)

It was such a fun party. Let's do it again! I have a desperate need for some color!

Anonymous said...

Fun! Aaron should be used to Anne of Green Gables and every other girly movie! Why does he love Seven Brides and Sound of Music? B/c I was watching it like every other day!

Rebecca said...

Wow maybe I should change to mornings...I am missing too many fin activities!!! YOu guys look awesome!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Who has been here

Who's following us?