Thursday, May 8, 2014

Story time at The Farm
























No joke, our new story time is at a farm. It is one of the cutest things I have ever seen!

Right before we moved my sweet sister in law, Jodee, emailed me to tell me about a story time that she thought might be close to where we were moving. Little did I know it was just about 5 min away from our new house and the perfect story time for my boys.

I don't know if it is the extreme silence of a library or the fact that everyone is sitting still and peaceful but my kids go crazy in libraries. Screaming, shouting, running, you name the rule...they are breaking it. Let's not even bring up the fact that they have electric doors that magically open when two year olds run strait at them (and then strait toward a busy street).

Anyway.

The first time we went was 4 days after we moved in. My Mother in Law was with us and I though it would be a perfect opportunity to try a new story time while I had the extra help (see above story time experience). I didn't actually realize that when it was at a place called "The Farm" that it would actually BE on a farm! We all fell in love pretty instantly. Also, while walking up someone from our new ward recognized Dane and so she was sweet enough to show us the ropes.

The children sat around a wood burning stove while surrounded by organic fruits and veggies and baby chicks. The charming lady leading story time read to them and played the guitar for singing time. Dane was memorized. After it was over they all got a snack of fresh fruit and then were able to go out to see and pet the animals. Dane went crazy over all the "John Dee Traktors" and Mikey just relaxed and ate strawberries till his heart's content. Did I mention this is all free? It is! Except for the fact that I always walk out with a few pints of strawberries.

We now go to this story time every Tuesday and I feel so blessed to live in a place that has such a neat thing to do. Not to mention the cute friends we are making and getting to see while there!


1 comment:

Karen M. Peterson said...

That sounds adorable! And beautiful pictures!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Who has been here

Who's following us?