Thursday, January 21, 2010

Chop Chop!

When we were doing our wedding registry we registered for a set of knives. Our criteria for picking them out consisted of "well, those will match our color scheme". Four years later this is what my knives looked like...


Ewwww, gross! And really embarrassing when we have dinner parties. I really tried to fix them by scrubbing them, soaking /cleaning them with CLR (which just ended up making them worse). When one day my wonderful husband said "Okay, we are going to buy you new knives TODAY."

So, we headed out to Target (because we had a $50 gift card for Target from one of my great residents) later that day and came home home with these.

I don't really enjoy spending money (even if I have a gift card) so Aaron had to do his best sales pitch, but we decided to just spend a little extra for a good set so we don't have to repeat this in another 3 years.

Out with the old! And in with the new!





Next on the list.... New pans. Anyone have a good suggestion for pans that you love? Otherwise, I'm going to just end up going with the "well, those will match our color scheme" method. And we all know how well that works ;-)

5 comments:

cantare_21 said...

You forgot to mention how beautifully the new steak knives match our other silverware. It's like we planned it that way! I'm glad you love them, honey.

Karen M. Peterson said...

Yay for new knives!

As for pans, I personally really like T-Fal. Of course, my soon-to-be-chef roommate would only recommend uber-expensive brands like All Clad, but what does he know?

Trena said...

I like t-fal too. And also Calphalon. I've had mine since we got married and they are still in pretty good shape!

Braden and Jodee said...

I got a set of kirkland pans from costco for Christmas last year, and L-O-V-E them. I guess they are rated the best on consumer reports too :) They still look brand new, and are heavy duty. I think the set I got was under $200 for 3 frying pans, 1 large skillet, 4 pots and a steamer. All with lids of course.

Valerie said...

I looooove our Calphalon pans. Expensive but they will last forever. We need new knives too. Maybe I'll look into the ones you got!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Who has been here

Who's following us?