Saturday, January 23, 2010

The flood of 2010

We had 5 days of rain storms. It is amazing to me how Southern California is not prepared for rain. So, the streets were flooded and I had two roof leaks at my property but Aaron and I LOVED IT! Aaron lucked out and only had to work two days this last week so he could stay home and enjoy it with me.





Check out this beautiful rainbow Aaron recorded on his drive home yesterday.




We don't have to run the sprinklers for like a month now! Anyone else secretly love these storms?

I know all of you Midwest and East coasters are probably laughing at us out here:-) It has been like a normal spring time week in the Midwest and East coast. Give us a break, we are delicate over here.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the rain! I was in heaven this whole week! I think Justin was trying to figure out what had gotten into me. I secretly love it when it floods like that too. It's just something that you don't see every day, almost like an adventure. Call me weird I am okay with that! :)

Karen M. Peterson said...

I absolutely loved the rain!

I think I would get really tired of it if I lived in the Pacific Northwest or, well, anywhere BUT California. But since we don't get it that often, I embrace every minute of it until it's gone.

Could have done without the tornado warning, though. Cuz, seriously, what the heck are we supposed to do with that?

Mom and Dad said...

I'm with you all the way. It's one of those, "find a good book, a cup of hot chocolate, and warm cookies (just out of the oven), and sit in front of the fireplace where you can watch it come down in buckets full.
But WATCH is the key word. No, driving, etc. From Aunt Sondra

Becca said...

Diddo to Stacy's comment.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Who has been here

Who's following us?