Saturday, March 27, 2010

A week without musical rehearsals

We are just starting to recuperate from our musical last weekend(pictures to follow). We have enjoyed this past week not having rehearsals every night.

Through the musical we met this great girl Devan who played one of the brides. She just started working at a new job at the new Ruby's as a server that opened in Anaheim. She was so sweet and invited us to come to their mock opening and we went! We had a great time being served in our car with the window trays, watching all the rollerskating servers, and eating the tasty food. Thanks Devan!



Our primary had an activity night and we did a multicultural night. We had a ton of kids show up (I wish we had that many on Sundays. I didn't even know some of the kids!) and they all had a blast. All the adults did fantastic jobs decorating each room and doing fantastic presentations. My room didn't have very fun decorations but we did do a spaghetti slurping contest and I gave the kids Italian cookies and chocolate so that made up for it.


One thing that I look forward to every month is our book club. We have the best group of girls and we always have a fun time. This month we read The History of Love which is a good book (I was confused pretty much all the way through. I guess I just wasn't smart enough for this book:) and we did a green theme to celebrate a belated St. Patrick's Day. We had a smaller group this month (last couple months we have had like 10 people show up) but as you can see we had a blast.

I kept forgetting to hit the timer button before taking the picture and we had some arranging issues with the position of everyone on the couch. I thought these pictures were too funny not to post. Notice Erin sleeping in the first pic., the giggles in the second, and the interesting leg positioning in the third.
Not only did we all wear green but all the decorations were green and all the food was green. There was: green fruit tray with a green cream cheese dip (by me), cookies with frosting and green candies (by Angie), green cheesecake with white chocolate topping (by Cece), green pasta with pesto (by Shawna), green cupcakes (by Shawna), green mint chocolate chip ice cream (by Rachel), and green drinks.

We finally got some cute pictures of us and the books...



I loved this green-themed party and want to have a color theme for every party:-) Is that weird?

2 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

It was such a weird week without rehearsals!

I missed you all at book club, but I think color themes are a great idea!

(Rachel and I were thinking a sock exchange might be fun one of these days, too!)

Valerie said...

Are you on goodreads?

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Who has been here

Who's following us?