Wednesday, January 18, 2012

40 weeks! and not much to report

Well, there I am...


40 weeks! My ticker officially says "0 days left". I really can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone. It has been by far the coolest experience I have gone through. It had it's ups and downs and I've had my aches and pains but like someone once said to me, I am growing a miracle from God, a human inside of me- it's bond to be uncomfortable. Really, I feel so fortunate to have had such a relativity uneventful pregnancy.

I would be ungrateful if I didn't say how wonderful my husband has been through the whole thing. Seriously, even before we were pregnant and then through the whole pregnancy he has been supportive, kind, patient, and with a good sense of humor about the whole thing. Dane is one lucky little boy to get to have Aaron as his daddy.

I had a doctors appointment yesterday where he checked our progress and, well, there isn't any. So he said that we will see how things look next week and if they still look the same at that point he will probably let me go another week with fetal monitoring. He also said I look a little to happy and there isn't enough huffing and puffing going on. Guess I should start looking a little more miserable.

At 40 weeks I:

  • Am excited
  • Not dilated at all
  • Have lost 1.5 lbs since my 38 week check up (whoo hoo!)
  • Am craving soft serve from Joe's Italian Ice, and cuban food
  • Am really tired
  • Completed everything on my 'to do' list
  • Have the hospital bag packed
  • Walk everyday with my prego buddie Stephanie
  • Don't mind if Dane hangs out in there for a little while longer
  • Still don't know what his middle name will be
  • Am having tons of contractions, including real ones
  • Have frequent strong pains down there-which I thought meant progress. Not so much
  • Have gained a total of 34lbs- which I'm okay with
  • Have mastered the art of picking things up with my toes
Now it's just a waiting game. Hopefully he will pick any day but a Wednesday since that is the day that Aaron is gone all day either in LA or Ontario.

But at least we know he is healthy and will be here with-in 2 weeks. Yay!

Here is the belly growth over the past 40 weeks:



It's crazy how much a women's body can expand, ha? ;) And can you tell which week I had "morning" sickness. I didn't notice it till now but I totally have "I feel like crap" posture in week 15.

4 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

It's so weird that sometime in the next two weeks you're going to be someone's MOM.

Amber said...

Way to go! Can you believe you made it to your due date? And you look absolutely fabulous! Good for you for having a good attitude about Dane baking a little longer. Babies know when they are supposed to be born and he will come when he's ready. I can't wait to meet him!

My Homestead said...

Fetal monitoring at Hoag is seriously so relaxing. You sit in a chair and look out at the ocean with little things hooked up to your belly and listen to your babies heart beat while sipping on one of their yummy spritzers....that is if you make it that long.

Rebecca said...

You look awesome and I know you will be a great mom when the time comes...good thing to just enjoy right now cause once he comes everything will be different...I loved feeling the babies move inside of me...so relish it for as long as you can!!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Who has been here

Who's following us?