Friday, April 13, 2012

Dane is 2 months!

The first month seemed to go so slowly and the second month flew by! I still can't believe it. Dane is growing like a weed and is such a cutie.

His 2 month stats:







14 lbs 13 oz 85%
25.5 inches long 94%
(I forgot the head measurement)
He is in 3 month size clothes (no more newborn or 0-3 months)


I'm pretty sure his eyes are going to be staying blue. They are so bright!


("too much milk")

His hair is still mostly brown, but his roots are starting to come in blond.


This is his excited face that he has started to make this month.

He is finally smiling for his Mom! He started consistently smiling at 5 weeks and chuckling at around 6 weeks.

Feeding has gotten much better. Man, that first month is hard! No problem latching still and he has gotten used to the fast flow. He still has reflux, but I figured out that it is really bad when I drink milk or eat ice cream. If I do have either of those things he will scream in pain and have projectile spit up the next day. He can handle any other dairy just not milk. So, almond milk ice cream it is (because not having ice-cream isn't an option). Life is so much better now that I figured that out.

Sleeping is...better...I guess. He still eats every 2-3 hrs (8pm, 11pm, 1:30am, 3am, 5am, 7:30am) but just eats and then falls right back to sleep. Every now and then he will skip one of those feedings and it is heaven. Again, I think as he gets a little older it will get better. I told my mom about his feedings and told her how everyone tells me it will get better soon. She let me know all her babies ate every 2-3 hrs for an entire year...and grew to be giants. Basically just suck it up:-) Funny thing about her telling me that is that I think it helped. When I feel like there is no change in sight I just get a better attitude about it. Such is life.


(Dane doing "tummy time". He seems to be really strong. Maybe every mom thinks that:)

Okay, let's talk bottles. He WILL. NOT. TAKE. A. BOTTLE. Holy cow! What am I going to do? I would really like to have a date night some time soon. Help! He will scream and scream and scream until we just give in and I nurse him. There are even tears involved! (both his and mine;)



(Dane went to see his daddy play basketball for the first time and LOVED it)

He makes great eye contact and focuses much better now. He will give you a smile but makes you work for it. He seems to like to smile at blondes.

Tummy time is going really well! He still likes it and will stay like that till he is tired and then he will roll over. Yes, he is rolling over. At first I thought it was a fluke but then after two more times I couldn't call it a fluke. His nana, daddy, and mama were there to see it. We all were stunned.


(Dane and his best friend Roan at 2 months.)

He likes:

-His daddy & mommy.
-Playing with his friend Roan.
-Taking walks in the park.
-Music time.
-The swing.
-The vibrating chair.
-His nana and grandpa.
-Eating.
-Getting kisses.
-Bath time (no matter how fussy he is, he will be peaceful during bath time).
-Soft blankets (he rubs his face back and forth on them and tries to eat them).
-His stroller.
-His pacifier (only when he isn't hungry).
-Being swaddled.
-Ceiling fans
-The airplanes above his bed
-Having a clean diaper
-When his daddy takes his (Dane's) hands and claps them

He dislikes:

-Gas.
-Getting in and out of his car seat.
-Being hungry.
-The sound of Velcro (this includes the sound of opening his diaper--it scares him and makes him cry).
-Drinking from a bottle.
-When his mommy leaves the room.

Some funny things he is doing:
-Sticks his tongue out when he is trying hard to do something.
-Follows us back and forth when we walk around the room
-Scowls when he is sucking on his pacifier

Comments from other people:

-Everyone says he looks like his daddy...and that is because he does. Except for maybe his lips and chin and dimples.
-He is so big.
-He is so small.
-He is very serious.
-His eyes are so bright blue. Strangers will stop me to compliment his eyes.
-He is very handsome.
-He is very loud.
-He holds his head up really well for his age.


As far as my recovery:

-I have 10 more pounds to lose before I am at pre-pregnancy weight, but I am nowhere near fitting into pre-pregnancy jeans. The weight has pretty much stopped coming off on its own. Time to go to the gym.
-The recovery pain is gone now.
-I had a couple of days of bleeding. Not in a row so I'm not sure if that is the start of AF?
-I'm tired.
-I love being a mommy. I am so in love with my little Dane.
-Hormones are crazy.
-I can no longer watch a movie that has violence or anything sad having to do with babies or children.
-I've started jogging around the park with Stephanie.
-I cherish my shower time.
-Will these red stretch marks go away?


All about Daddy:

-loves play time with Dane
-Does not like when he cries. He tries to talk Dane through it. So cute:)
-Has magical sleepy powers over Dane
-Always makes Dane smile






5 comments:

Rebecca said...

So much fun... I love to read all bout your sweet family!!!

Hannah Ballard said...

Adorable! He's so cute! I hope you guys are doing well! :-)

Huss Family said...

If you figure out a trick for getting him to take a bottle let me know, non of my kids would take them.

Sherri Araiza said...

Keep trying with the bottle! Lexie would not take one at all until she hit about 3 months. I just kept trying and one day she did it! I used pumped milk so I think that helped make the transition easier. I also put her in a nursing position and and let her have some skin to skin contact. Basically I tried to recreate nursing as much as possible to "trick" her. Remember, all formulas are not created equal. She will barf up Enfamil like there's no tomorrow. Similac and Nestle Good Start have seem to agree with her more.

Good luck! He is so sooo cute!

Team Smith Adventures said...

Maybe I was meant to read this because literally an hour ago Penny just took her bottle for the first time in 3 months! I tried everything under the sun and finally got her to do it. Email me and I will tell you about it: ChristyLSmith@live.com

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Who has been here

Who's following us?