Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Dane is 3 months!

When I was telling people 10 weeks ago that Dane was up till 2 am screaming and spitting up, they would always tell me, "Don't worry, by the time he is 3 months he will have grown out of doing that. Things will be so much better." At that point I was thinking, "3 MONTHS?! I HAVE TO WAIT 3 MONTHS?! I don't think I can get through one week of this!" Another friend told me, "Hang in there. The first 3 months are pretty much unbearable, but it gets a lot better after that."


Well, here we are! Dane is 3 months old and they were right. Things are so much better now.


His 3-month stats:


 

 


 15lbs .05oz 80%
     26 inches long 95.5%
     He is in 6-9 month clothes

 (Trying to get away--his new move.)
Feeding is going great! I think we have the whole breast feeding thing down now. Bottle feeding hasn't gotten much better. I got a fancy new bottle and I think it will do the trick...with practice.

 
( "Thank you, thank you very much")

Sleeping is good enough for now :-) We made the big step of putting Dane in his crib in his room now at night. I had been putting him in his crib for daytime naps here and there so he could get used to it. I kept telling myself that as soon as he wasn't waking up so often I would make the transfer. I couldn't bare the thought of having to actually get out of bed and walk to his room so many times in a night. But after deciding that this might not change anytime soon I just did it. Boy, am I glad I did! He still wakes up at 10, 1:30, 5ish, and 7 but the quality of sleep that I am getting inbetween is so much better. Now instead of waking up at every little sound, I only wake up when he is really hungry. Walking to his room isn't that bad either. I really think Heavenly Father blesses mothers with extra strength and endurance. That is the only way I can explain that I am still functioning after 3 months of little sleep. Also, no more swaddling for us!

(Dane and his friend, Roan, at 3 months. Still about the same size.)

Dane is getting much more smiley. It is so fun! He is also laughing now.

(He found his hands. The sucking sound drives me crazy!)

Tummy time is still going great. He is still rolling over from tummy to back and now has started rolling from his back to his side. He is getting close to figuring out how to get from his back to his tummy. Slow down kid! Take your time! He likes being in his exersaucer for short periods of time also.

(Dane grabbing one of his toys in his exersaucer.)

He now will sit on his own, kind of. See the picture below. It looks so uncomfortable but he seems to like it. It never fails that when I let him sit like this he will puke:-)



 He will also stand on his own when leaning against the couch. I don't do that very often though. I'm too scared of an early walker (like I was).

(Aaron's favorite outfit on Dane)

One of the most fun things that happened this past month is that Dane got to meet his Mimi! My mom came to visit with us for 10 days and it was heaven. It was so nice to have another set of arms to hold and love on my little Dane. The best part was watching them bond and seeing my mom become a grandmother for the first time. Dane absolutely loved her. He had his first laugh with her. He also loved having her sit in the back seat of the car with him and hold his hands. He actually has a lot of physical traits from my mom. I knew he had her dimples but he also has her pointy ears, and his toe next to his pinky toe is crooked just like my mom's. He is going to have so much fun with her growing up.








Dane went a few new places this month. He went to visit his daddy at work at USC and had all the girls swooning. He also helped celebrate my birthday with a trip up to Arrowhead. The last trip we made up there I was 8-1/2 months pregnant. It was so much easier this time...Aaron carried him around.

 (Dane's first trip to Arrowhead)

Also, he went to his first birthday party. It was for his friend Clair and he loved putting his bare feet in the grass for the first time. He also loved watching all the big kids play. When it was time to leave he whined all the way to the car as if saying "Mama, I don't want to go home. I'm having too much fun at the park with my friends."

 (Feet in the grass. Notice the crooked toe?)


He likes:

-His hands. He loves to put them in his mouth and suck on them. Kind of drives me nuts.
-Playing with his friend, Roan.
-Taking walks in the park. Really just being out of the house. He loves exploring.
-Batting the animals over him on his activity mat.
-The exersaucer.
-His Mimi.
-When his daddy holds his hands and helps him stand up and sit down.

He dislikes:

-When I talk too loud when he is falling asleep.
-Getting in and out of his car seat.
-Being too tired.
-The sound of Velcro (this includes the sound of opening his diaper--it scares him and makes him cry).
-Drinking from a bottle.
-When his mommy leaves the room.

Some funny things he is doing:
-Baby talk.
-He gets really excited while watching older children. He starts making excited noises and waving his arms around.

Comments from other people:


-He is so long.


-His eyes are so bright blue.This is still by far the most popular comment about him.
-He is very handsome.
-He looks just like his daddy.
-He has really strong legs.
-He has a strong set of pipes (translation: he is really loud).


As far as my recovery:

-Still have 10 lbs to lose. Yuck.
-I have officially started my cycle again. AF returned 5 days before he turned 3 months. Not fair. I guess I should be grateful that I got almost a 3-month break though.
-I'm not as tired as last month.
-My back is killing me. It hurts mostly on my left side lower back. I really need to go see a chiropractor.
-I had my first day of being a mommy and being a property manager and feeling like I succeeded at both at the same time. It takes a while to get into a rhythm I guess.


All about Daddy:



-Loves play time with Dane.
-Still will always make Dane smile.
-Has watched him alone while I go for a walk/jog around the park.
-Is really enjoying this stage.

5 comments:

Soni said...

Cute post!!!! Ok I have to say I know that several people say he looks EXACTLY like Aaron, but when he was born I just couldn't see it. (It's so hard to tell with newborns, to me anyway) But that first picture with his pacifier in his mouth he TOTALLY looks like Aaron!! (there is a pic of Aaron somewhere as a baby in a white t-shirt with a mustard color jumper that I am specifically thinking of)
The other pictures not so much...but that first one...Yep!!!

Amber said...

What a cute guy! We had the same problem with Kate - she never took a bottle. I went back to work when she was 7 months and we just gave her a sippy cup. With Ethan and Max we started really early giving them a bottle every day (or more realistically every other day) of breast milk and both have had no problems with bottles.

barlow.stephanie said...

Love the 3 generation pic!!!!!

Braden and Jodee said...

You will be so happy you're posting all of this. I am about my girls anyway. You just wait until 6 months. You'll think life is spectacular by then. He is adorable!

mptreto said...

Its great that you're sharing "the inside story" on Rand's early history. And his development.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Who has been here

Who's following us?