Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day



Today was a good day. I am so grateful to be able to wake up this morning and snuggle my little baby Dane. 

I've never really had problems with Mother's Day. I was sad sometimes that I didn't have a baby to hold during sacrament meeting, and sometimes I felt funny when I would have to stand at the end to receive the Mother's Day gift. But really I love that we have a day to celebrate mothers. And Aaron always seems to find a way to make me feel special and loved on Mother's Day.

I found myself thinking a lot about my mother leading up to this day rather than the fact that I was having my first Mother's Day. I have a new appreciation for what it means to be a mother and therefore a new appreciation about what my mom went through to be my mother. A single mother. 

She was strong, brave, tender, kind, fun, loving, disciplined, motivated, nurturing, creative, funny, kissed my never-ending "boo-boos", took me to dance classes then learned the dances and helped me practice, moved more times than I can remember, scared little boys that would push me down, stayed up all night to finish sewing my dresses, stayed up all night studying so that she could get a career to support us, fixed my dropped arches, taught me how to do my hair and make up, and taught me manners. I'm not even mentioning all the things she did for me when I was a baby. And she did it alone. 

I couldn't have done it. 

Now that I have my sweet baby Dane I am so grateful for the opportunity to be his mother and hopefully I can be a good mama to him, help him to grow and learn and love, and help him to come to know his Heavenly Father and become a righteous priesthood holder like his daddy. After waiting so long to get to hold him in my arms I know that I would have the wait all over again if it means having the joy of being his mother. 

I hope you had a great Mother's Day!

Here are some pictures of our day...



Aaron and Lars made us a delicious breakfast.




Two moms and their boys


Me and my boy (my very drooly boy)
Dane had just spit up and Roan is trying to join him:)
Dane at the Christensen family dinner laughing hysterically at his cousins.














4 comments:

Shawna Faye said...

Such a sweet post. Cute pictures too!

barlow.stephanie said...

I love it. It makes me want to hug my Mom. I really had no idea how cool my my was until I became a Mom. I love the pics too. I think our boys are funny as they aren't looking even close to the camera. They are the best.

Sherri Araiza said...

This is such a sweet post. Your baby is so cute and you are such a loving mother.

Rachel said...

I'm glad you had such a good Mother's day. You deserved it!!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Who has been here

Who's following us?