Friday, July 2, 2010

Okay, I'm probably to excited about this...

So, nothing really exciting happened this week. Until I was walking by my garden and spotted this...

Can you see it?


How about now?


Yes, you guessed it!



My very first successful homegrown tomato! After my fiasco last year of planting my tomato plants and having them grow to be 8 feet tall without a single fruit I was trying hard not to get my hopes up this year. So, I was so excited when I saw the green tomatoes growing and then the waiting for them to turn red was really hard. I seriously considered picking some green ones and making fried green tomatoes (not that I have ever had them , know how to make them, or even know if I like them).

I am really excited because I have a tone of green tomatoes on the vines! Aaron doesn't like them so don't be surprised if you get a bag of tomatoes from me:-)





Yes, I do eat them like an apple strait off of the vine with a little salt. I am one of those people. Yummm!





4 comments:

Tawni Edwards said...

Congratulations Marly. I'm excited with you. You can never be too excited about accomplishing a new thing. Good job!

Life is for Laughing said...

nothing beats a delicious homegrown tomato :)

Karen M. Peterson said...

It's beautiful! Congrats!

And if you need help with those...

Amber said...

Yum! I love tomatoes! You're right, add a little salt and you are good to go.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Who has been here

Who's following us?