Monday, June 30, 2014

A clove of garlic for a mascot? Yes please!

I love garlic.

One of my favorite pasta dishes consists of garlic sauteed in some extra virgin olive oil with a pinch of salt.  Simple, garlicky, and delicious.

I hate roller coasters.

I didn't always hate roller coasters. In-fact as a youngster I loooved roller coasters! I remember riding the old wooden one at Darian Lake 7 times in a row. Only stopping because they closed it for repairs then getting right back on as soon as it was fixed. But as I got older my motion sickness got much worse and hence my dislike of all things that moved quickly, upside down, backwards, in circles, back and forth, up and down, or in any other moment that was strait forward and flat. That includes swings. I know, such a baby. Needless to say, I said good to my roller coastering days about 9 years ago (much to the dismay of my roller coaster loving husband).

So what does my love of garlic and hate of roller coasters have to do with each other? Two words.

Gilroy Gardens

This family theme park is built in the rolling hills of Gilroy, CA (about 30 min from our house). The grounds of the park are all garden themed, all of their rides are appropriate for my little ones, there are splash pads galore, there is only 1 roller coaster that would make me turn green, and their mascot is a dancing clove of garlic. I mean, come on! So cute!

Not to mention the duckie paddle boats, lazy river rides, vintage car rides, carnival games, fruit and veggie themed rides, butterfly conservatory, pine trees, flowers, easy parking, and garlicky treats.

Thanks to my super considerate Sister-in-law, Jodee, we now have season passes to this park and we are taking full advantage of it.

We pack a lunch and head out for a day full of family friendly fun!

 
 



 (husbands reaction to learning that there is only 1 roller coaster;)



 
 
 



  

 Okay locals, who's going to buy a season pass so we can go together?!

3 comments:

Soni said...

GREAT pictures! Sounds like a super fun place!!!

Karen M. Peterson said...

Your pictures are beautiful!

That sounds like such a fun place. Tell Aaron I'm sorry there's only one roller coaster.

barlow.stephanie said...

That looked so fun. I loved that it had something for everyone. Do they serve garlic on a stick?

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Who has been here

Who's following us?